Friday, April 18, 2014

My Magnificent Valor

You know how some days it just feels like an uphill battle? Even though you know in your head and your deepest of hearts that your life is spectacular, there is no reason to be discouraged, . . . yada, yada, yada.
Well, I was watching a movie today and had a "light bulbbb!"



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdyxF6kIrlg#aid=P5rDLTw1yiA

So, the scene in "The Man in the Iron Mask" when the Musketeers are all charging the king and the Musketeers not committing treason. They decide that the effort is worth it, even if it kills them. They decide together that if they die, at least they are together and doing what they know is right. As they charge the army and the king,  D'Artagnan's second in command pauses just for a moment to stare in awe of  their "Magnificent Valor". I felt that way today.

Now, I know in the grand scheme of things, my depression the last few days is not a big deal. In the grand scheme. However, in my scheme of today, yesterday, and the day before, it seems insurmountable. I can't seem to shake it. I just get out of bed, continue on, and hope tomorrow is better. I can't see the end. I can't understand what is causing it. I don't know how to stop it. But guess what? I don't have to. Because to me, I have Magnificent Valor. I am charging ahead anyway-facing the overwhelming odds head on and screaming out my defiance. Today, I am a Musketeer . . .committing treason against myself, my body, and my brain. It cannot win . . . I can't allow it. That is valor. The definition of valor is "great courage in the face of danger, especially in battle." Today is my battle. Here's to living to fight another day.

No comments: