Thursday, April 24, 2014

I know, I know . . .But Look! I'm Blogging!



Y'all are gonna think I do nothing but watch movies.
I will admit that it is my favorite thing to do when I have a quiet moment in the afternoon when I really should be doing something else. But, when I am "in a mood", for some reason there will always be something that radiates with me with every flick I watch. Today's in one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. My kids know how crazy I am about this film. Disney just doesn't make them the same anymore.
Anyway, the video description says "Pet alligators roaming the conservatory, a Bible-and-boxing school in the stables, and a delightfully eccentric millionaire make for unrestraed pandemonium in this musical extravaganza.
I am including the just one of my favorite songs-two wealthy "matrons" in the oldest competition of all-who is better.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFYIYvnpZ9c

Now the point of my day is this: at one time the daughter is introducing her fiance to her father-who is a little crazy and intimidating. She give some sound advice to Angie (the fiance). When Angie states that the father scares him to death, she suggests he stand up to him. Angie says "What if he punches me in the face?" Cordelia says "Punch him back-or better yet, punch him first!" Shortly after that the dad decides to teach the youngin' a lesson in boxing. Kicks his trash. Angie decides to "punch first" and shows the dad some martial arts moves-kicks his trash in return. The dad says "Pretty good, but you caught me unawares." Angie comes back with "Wanna try it again, Sir, this time 'awares?'" Hilarious, I know.
But the best part that made me giggle all afternoon is after Angie says this to the dad, Cordelia says "Angie, have you gone crazy?" And Angie looks at her and says with a perfectly straight face, "I think maybe I have . . . And I feel right at home!"
My family is crazy. We are certifiable. I know this. Most of us in the family know this. A lot of outsiders know this. It's not like we can keep it a secret. But . . . man-are we at home with each other. And it sure makes other people's crazy seem appealing sometimes. I try not to judge anyone, really, because we are the craziest of the bunch. But . . . if you ever need someone to talk to who might understand your situation . . .always find someone a little more crazy than you . . .and feel right at home.

No comments: