Sunday, July 27, 2014

Grandbaby

I am officially a Nana! Jessica and Trevor had my grand-baby on July 25th. He was 8 pounds 4 ounces, 20.5 inches long and 9 days early. She was able to have a normal birth instead of a C-section which was a concern for the last couple of months. They are trying to keep things more private, so no posting of pictures or too many details on Facebook. Instead they have a private blog. My blog is also private, so I can post pictures here for those who are subscribers as well. We just ask that you be sensitive and careful when re posting or sharing photos.
He is a pretty priceless chunky monkey and I have already decided he will be a Drew. I will call him Roo. That will be his official "Nana" nickname and I hope Jess and Trevor are alright with it, since it's gonna stick. Pook knows all about those names sticking!

Jared and I get to travel to Anchorage next week to help out. I am excited! I will be more limited in my personal exposure to Roo since Jess and Trevor chose to move so far away, so I will have to make the most of it. I am talking to Jess daily. She is home from the hospital (came home in 24 hours) and is doing fine. Minimal tearing, nursing fine, just learning how to juggle Roo's needs along with hers. Trevor goes back to work tomorrow and I am hoping her ward is helping take care of her. I don't have many worries, since her ward threw her a baby shower shortly after she moved there, and when Trevor left for the Hill Cumorah Pageant (from June 28th to July 11th) her Relief Society president had her move in with their family while he was gone. I hope the nursing goes well. Roo's not the most robust eater just yet. I am strongly suggesting she get a breast pump to help her keep a decent milk supply until his appetite catches up.
Our family is changing rapidly right now, so there might be multiple posts in the next few weeks. I will try to keep y'all updated.

4 comments:

Kristie Lee said...

So happyn for everyone!!!

Don and Kelley said...

Congrats!!! He is so cute!

Pam said...

Congrats to all! He is beautiful!

Tammy K said...

Congrats to everyone.