Saturday, July 25, 2009

Christian Update #3

In the last letter, the gift he got me is a cute pink "proud army mom" key chain. So appropriate.So you've now read the letters, now on to the phone. He really hasn't said anything different except that he is loving what he is doing and he knows that he made the right decision to join. He is thinking of getting a 4 year degree and re-enlisting as a commissioned officer full time. He loves the life other than a few quirky things. I don't think the violence involved is his favorite-but the ability to resolve conflicts without resorting to violence appeals to him greatly. His letters are not full of much information, and that is likely to get worse with the Top Secret Clearance and his AIT, but they are getting more personally introspective and insightful. More spiritually fulfilling for him. I think he uses them for an outlet. He graduates from basic training on August 6th in South Carolina and I have a plane ticket. I fly out all day on the 5th, spend all day on the 6th with him on base, watch him graduate, spend all day on the 7th, and fly home that evening. He has to report to Fort Bragg, North Carolina at 8am on the 8th, so there is really not much time, but I will spend as much as possible. I have received one picture that I will try to post later today, and I will take hundreds graduation weekend to post.
I appreciate all of you who have helped shape him into the man he is becoming and giving him the examples to be as strong as he is. Thank you all!

1 comment:

Cindy n Orv said...

What a wonderful son! Course I already knew that. You and he have always been so close. When he says, "Thanks for keeping me" it really means something huh? Makes me cry!!! Tell him how much I love him please. MOM