Thursday, March 4, 2010

OK. I know I said I would update the blog more often. Well Stephanie and her family moved out of our home the first of February, Christian moved to Salt Lake, Megan discovered that if she was more involved in school and social activities she didn't have to babysit as much and I learned that if all of the above was true, I actually have to do housework! So- two holy terrors running around with no supervision while I am on the computer, or blogging waits.
Well, the only other thing that has changed in our family-Jess is getting married! Wahoo!!!!!! Scary!!!!!! Whoa where did the time go!!!!!! How dare she!!!!! Can you tell I am a bit conflicted? So, we are planning a wedding to go along with pageant this summer. He is from the Rochester, NY area, a staff member of the Hill Cumorah pageant (same as Jared and I-actually he is Jared's assistant-that is how they met) so they have chosen to actually get married in the Palmyra, NY temple about a mile away from the Hill Cumorah and across the street from the Sacred Grove. It is really incredible, actually, but a difficult decision because they feel it excludes a large portion of family from the ceremony. She is talking to her bishop about being able to receive her endowments before we leave for pageant at the end of June, locally, so family can attend that event. We are planning a reception in Wellsville on July 30th, so plan on that. We leave for pageant about the 24th of June so everything MUST be finished and planned, and complete before that time. If anyone out there who has planned a wedding before (because that and a funeral are about the only too adult things NOT covered by my degree) I would love ideas, suggestions, options, resources, etc. I obviously have no clue!
Oh and a side note-this relationship has been a running joke for 2 years. They were friends (along with his little brother) and the joke started that she should marry one of the boys because their last name is Nelson and she could not change any legal documentation and pretend it was a spelling error! Just makes me giggle EVERY time!

4 comments:

bobandhaley said...

AAAHHH! How exciting! I planed our wedding on two months so you can do it! I would just say make sure you get a good photographer. I miss you too Jenn. The boys are getting big... it is all happening too too fast.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is so exciting! Tell her congrats for me. I can't believe you will be planning a wedding in the middle of trying to get ready for your crazy trip. You will do great though, you always do! Love and miss you guys. Tell Jared hi.

Jules said...

Congratulations! We're very excited...wishing the temple ceremony could be here...but so excited for you all! Hope all is going well with your adorable "holy terrors." LOL!

Don and Kelley said...

O.k, I am good a keeping my blog up, but not good on reading other people's blog. Congrats on the wedding. That is so exciting. We are very happy for her!