Thursday, November 8, 2012

Birthday Fun

Today is Connor's 6th birthday. What a wondrous ride the last 6 years have been. I though I would put a few of my favorite pictures of the little squirt on the blog as I am waiting for him to come home from kindergarten today. He has grown about 3 inches in the last year and only put on 2 pounds. He is such a scrawny chicken, but cuddly and loving. He has discovered a love for Marvel and DC Comic superheroes. It started with Spider-man, moved on to Batman, and now the Hulk. He growls at everyone and he tries to pound you to the ground. We almost bought him big green foam fists for his birthday and then decided I am getting beat to death already, no need to encourage it further. For those who might not know or remember, Connor's birth mother loved him so much. She wanted him to go to a great family to give her baby boy the things she wasn't capable of at the time. We did hear about her a couple of months ago from the adoption agency. She is still clean living, has finished a technical certification program and working. She has been holding down the same job for 4 years, and is doing so much better. I am including a picture of her from Connors birth, just as a thank you tribute to Shannon-may she ever be in our prayers as thanks for this precious spirit that has been allowed to be in our family.

He has come so far in his life. He started at just 4 pounds and 12 ounces as a full term baby. He was in distress and had the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times, but was still 18 inches long. The doctors say it will take awhile for him to catch up to his growth, but he is working on it. He was little enough at birth to fit in Jared's palm. It is hard to believe that my (he thinks he is a grown up) son was at one time that small and delicate. Today, he has friends coming over to play for his birthday. It is not the same as his birthday party, because that is Saturday. These are just a couple of friends that can't come Saturday. He has asked for a motorcycle he can drive, a new blanket and pillow, the hulk, and a TV of his very own for his room. Needless to say, he will get the gifts listed in the middle. We are so proud of him. He is doing well in school, and learning to control his temper.
I just can't get over how great this kid is. He cracks me up almost every day. The other days, he is the most exasperating child on the planet. The never ending questions that all seem to start with the word "Why". Mom, I don't know how you survived my growing up years with out giving me away.


So, Here's to my little man! May the next years be as great as the last ones!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I can't believe he is all ready 6. Time flies. I love the pictures. Hope he had a great birthday.